Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Kohn Law We Believe IN OUR CLIENTS
  • Call Today for a Free Consultation

Car Accident FAQs

The first thing you should do after a car accident is call 911. You want to make sure that the police come and record the crash, as well as the fact, get medical attention.

The purpose of that is to protect yourself, because most drivers out there do not have enough insurance to cover not only your pain and suffering but your medical bills, and you want to make sure you’re protecting yourself.

You should bring with you the exchange of information form that the law-enforcement officer provided you; if they provided you a crash report, any photographs you may have, and any medical information you may have.

Yes, because even if the day of the car accident that you’re not feeling anything, in the day or the next day, you may be feeling something, so you should absolutely see a doctor.

Also, under Florida law, your PIP insurance requires that you see a doctor within 14 days of the car crash in order for them to pay your medical bills.

The future damages are recoverable under the law. Your doctor should be able to say what is reasonably certain to occur in the future; your pain and suffering, and certain medical expenses that you will need.

That depends on how hurt you are. You want to make sure that you meet what’s called maximum medical improvement, so you can protect your rights now and what your damages may be in the future.

You should contact an experienced attorney right away. There are certain things the attorney may want to do, such as getting a crash investigator out to the scene. They also may want to speak to witnesses right away.

An experienced criminal defense attorney who has handled vehicular homicide or homicide cases before will know all the intricacies and the nuances that are involved with vehicular homicide and the case law that surrounds it, and will be able to best prepare a defense for you and best prepare, attack the prosecution’s case.

It depends. If the other driver’s insurance company asks for a recorded statement, the answer would be no, and consult with your attorney. If it’s your insurance company, most likely you will require to give one under your policy, but again, I would speak with your attorney.

Absolutely, if the driver that you were the passenger in is at fault, then you can sue that person whether it’s a friend or family member with few exceptions.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Skip footer and go back to main navigation